We are delighted to announce we will be having a Jersey/ Non- Uniform Day in aid of GOAL this Friday 11th October. We look forward to your support!
Role and Purpose of the Student Council in Scoil Íde Naofa
Scoil Íde Naofa believes that students have a vital role to play in creating a positive and welcoming school environment conducive learning and happiness. We believe that our Student Council plays a requisite role in achieving this.
The Role of the Student Council in Scoil Íde Naofa
The role of the Student Council is to:
• provide an opportunity for pupils to voice their opinions and offer suggestions in relation to many aspects of school life
• offer an opportunity for all pupils to voice their opinions on proposed changes and thereby play a very significant role in improving our school
• act as a channel of communication within the school organisation, between pupils and between home and school
• encourage pupils to organise events in Scoil Íde Naofa and to represent the school in a positive way during these events.
Student Council Meetings
Members meet on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month in the School Library. Council Meetings are facilitated by Mr. White. Prior to these meetings, the Student Council representatives collect ideas and suggestions from all classes, for the agenda. Also, Mr. White may put forward topics to be discussed or upcoming events which need to be deliberated about at the meetings. As well as bringing matters to the Council for discussion, the members are required to report the outcome of meetings to the other classes.
Topics that come under discussion at Student Council meetings may include the following:
• school rules
• behaviour and discipline
• green issues
• health and safety
• lunchtime games and activities
• school uniform
• extra- curricular activities
The Council has an important role to play in the organisation of:
• School celebrations-
• School Fundraising-
• Special occasions –
• Special presentations-
• Implementing new initiatives-
Through our Student Council Scoil Íde Naofa hopes to give our pupils a more active role in the organisation of our school and ensure they are listened to and respected for their ideas and concerns. Discussions in classes and at Student Council meetings help to develop social and learning skills in many areas including speaking and listening, problem solving, brainstorming and the decision-making process. We are very proud of our Student Council representatives this year and they have played a significant role in organising and helping with many school activities and events that were held this year in Scoil Íde Naofa.